This is one of the easiest and tastiest coffee desserts. Affogato means “drowned” in Italian.
– Vanilla ice cream
– 1 shot of freshly brewed espresso
– Put ice cream into serving bowl
– Pour espresso over ice cream and serve
-1 cup espresso
-2/3 cup of sugar
-2 tbsp of corn syrup (can also substitute with agave)
-1 cup of milk (can be substituted with dairy free as well)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp pf cinnamon
-Brew one cup of espresso
– Mix all ingredients in a saucepan until everything is dissolved and mixed
-Let cool and then Pour into Popsicle molds
-They will take about 6 hours to freeze.
Vegan Coffee Gelato
– 1 shot of espresso
– 2 cans of coconut milk
-3/4 of a cup of sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
-combine all ingredients in saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved
-Pour into ice cream machine. **if you don’t have a machine, you can use a hand mixer and give the gelato a mix about every 40 minutes or so. Should freeze for at least 6 hours.
A beautiful and simple dish that can be served in chocolate cups to add an extra touch.
-2/3 cup of espresso (cooled down)
-1 cup of whipping cream
-1/3 cup of sugar
– 4 eggs separated
-4 tsp gelatin
-Sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and leave for 2 minutes
– warm the mixture in a saucepan or microwave until the gelatin completely dissolves
– Beat the egg whites until stiff. Put aside
-In another bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar for 4 minutes with mixer
-Then pour in coffee and gelatin mixture.
-In a separate bowl whip the cream
-Finally, fold the cream into the coffee mixture. Do the same with the egg whites.
Probably the most famous of all coffee desserts. This simple recipe hits the spot!
-1 ½ cups of espresso, cooled
-6 egg yolks
-4 egg whites
-16 oz mascarpone
-12-14 ladyfinger biscuits
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 oz coffee liquor or marsala wine
-Mix the egg yolks and sugar until they are doubled in size.
– Add 1/3 of the mascarpone at a time, and beat in well between additions
– In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they make soft peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture
– Spread 1/3 of this mixture into a serving bowl
– Soak ladyfingers in espresso and coffee liquor, then lay on top of cream until it is covered.
-Repeat and finish with layer of cream
– Refrigerate for at least an hour
-Before serving, dust the top of dessert with cocoa powder.